When you or your child sit down to be painted there's always a conversation. What would you like to be? Do you want something big or little? EVENTUALLY, though, the conversation will go to the colors you want to use. There aren't any strict rules about color... but if you want your face to REALLY stand out, we can guide you.
1. What colors are you wearing?
Matching your outfit can draw people's eyes to the whole picture and create a coordinated, creative look. I can't tell you how many times I've matched an outfit only to hear several people comment on it later. It can really be eye-catching.
2. Complimentary colors.
lot of people shy away from using complimentary colors, but they have a lot of visual power! For example, I use hot UV pink with lime green.
I use a lot of silver and gold glitter as well as iridescent glitter. This provides shine on top of your paint that will make it truly sparkle rather than just blend in. I find if I use pink on pink or red on red, a lot of times the glitter is lost in the paint. (Then again, I do love red lips with red glitter!)
The choice is yours, and the colors you can choose are never ending! If you have a question about this or any other face painting services, feel free to call us at 214-886-4243. We look forward to speaking with you!
As face painters, we attend a lot of Dallas Fort Worth events. Many times, we have people approach us with pictures on their phones and show us face painting memories they carry with them in their photo albums. We LOVE knowing that someone enjoyed their face paint so much that they have kept it on their phone for a few years. We are thrilled to see people pulling up photos from their Facebook accounts and telling us that their child has asked to be painted by "that funny lady" or "the nice woman from the festival" again. It is the best possible compliment we could get. When we see those photos, we know that we have been a part of a great memory, and there's just nothing better than that!
With this in mind, we thought we would take today to highlight a few tips to help preserve that face painting memory. One of the best things you can do is to KNOW the features on your smartphone and use them to your advantage. Here are a few of the things that our clients have done over the years to make that photo a great one:
Do you have questions about face painting or what entertainment you need to complete your party vision? We would love to talk to you! We always look forward to speaking with clients, and you can reach us at 214-886-4243.
When you are planning a group event, face painting can really set your party apart and make it memorable. Whether you are working on a school project, a company Halloween bash, a team meeting with a theme or a birthday at the zoo, matching faces can be the finishing touch to a well-planned event!
Are you having a gathering where a lot of people need similar faces? Are you competing in a team Halloween competition or bringing a lot of little ones to the aquarium? We have artists that can emulate your idea, theme or team focus to create memories that solidify the information your are sharing with your party guests! We are here for your educational event, your team event, or just plain old fun!
We would love to talk with you about how you can incorporate face painting to enhance your guests' experience. Simply give us a call at 214-886-4243. We look forward to hearing from you!
Kids love to have their faces painted, but sometimes parents are hesitant. Many times, in my face painting line, I hear a parent say something like, "Get something small, remember the last time?" I have always respected parents' preferences for their children, but wondered what kind of experience they had with their last face painting. With that in mind, this weekend, I decided to ask one parent why they preferred something small. The woman I spoke with said that the last time her daughter was painted it took a long time and a lot of tears to take off the face paint. This could be for one of two reasons: Either the face painter was using a product that wasn't FDA approved or the parent was using the wrong kind dof product to remove it. I asked her what she was using to remove it, and she indicated that soap and water were the instructions given to her by the previous face painter. I asked her what kind of soap, and she was using a liquid softsoap. Ouch. There's no way that softsoap would work. It has drying antibacterial agents in it and won't break down the makeup for removal. I had a great talk with this parent and told her that softsoap was a great idea, but in the long run, makeup remover would make the process a lot easier.
Here's the issue. The product we use is a makeup product. (All face painters should be using a makeup product, not acrylic paint or ANY paint that is not meant for the face). Since true face paint is a water-based makeup product, the best thing to remove it is a makeup remover. Cold cream, face cream, makeup remover cream can be rubbed onto the face paint to break down the product. (If you are a dad without access to makeup remover, you can use lotion that is made for the face to break down the makeup...or even simple olive oil) When you are applying cream to your child's painted face, watch to make sure the color is breaking up. Leave this cream on for two to three minutes. Next, a soap made specifically for the face can be used to remove the lotion and face paint. You can rinse their faces in the sink and wipe with a soft warm, wet wash cloth, but the best way is to have your child hop in the shower and really let that water run over their face. This is the ideal way to remove it. The rule of thumb is to use a product that removes makeup and is made specifically for the face. I spoke to another parent on Saturday that uses simple makeup remover wipes and she said that she has never had a problem getting the face paint off of her children. If it removes waterproof mascara, then it will remove face paint. Several years ago, I used to tell people to mix baby shampoo (no tears) and baby oil and rub that on first, but most parents don't have those readily available these days. I still think this is the best method and use these products on myself when I am asked to wear full face paint to a job.
Our "face paint" products are FDA approved, water-based makeup approved for use on the face. We want all of our clients to have fun, positive memories associated with the art of face painting. So, go ahead, let your kiddo have fun and get a full face if it makes them happy. They can have fun for the afternoon, and when it is ready to come off, you can now remove the makeup without all of the drama.
If you have any questions about our face paint or our services, we would be happy to talk with you. You can reach us at 21-886-4243. If you want to see more of our face painting work, you can check out our gallery here. Enjoy!
What qualities do you look for in a face painter? Talent? Experience? Personality? Price? What is important to you? Most of the parents we speak want the best for their child’s special day. They have put together an invitation list, decor, cake choices and party favors. Parents have contacted relatives, planned games and set aside the day before their event to set up. The parents we speak to care greatly for their children and want them to have a special day!
We truly understand that parents want to get the most for their money when they hire entertainers. In Dallas, the entertainment market has grown SO much, it’s hard to tell who has the skill to back up their price. One thing we can tell you, though, is the entertainers with the lowest price aren’t always the entertainers with the training or professionalism that you are looking for. We suggest that parents look for VALUE. High talent at a reasonable (not ridiculously low or high) price with experience.
We have been painting and sending out face painters for a long time. We are very specific when we look for the talent that will be invited to join our Dallas Face Painting team. It might be helpful to you, the parent, if we tell you the criteria that we look for in our painters. If you know what the industry standards are, it will help as you choose the talent for your party!
1. TALENT/SKILL: The painters who join our team MUST be good painters. Sharon Hodges, the owner of Fun Time Entertainment, Inc. is picky. She is a world champion face painter and instructor all over the United States. She knows what to look for in quality and she does not retain painters who cannot meet her standard. Sharon insists that her Dallas Face Painters be able to paint good, quality faces with a speed that keeps the line moving. She instructs each painter to adjust lists to each event capacity and time constraint.
2. PERSONALITY: We require that all of our performers are PERSONABLE AND KIND. Have you ever attended a party in which the balloon artist or face painter was in a hurry and couldn’t manage to be nice about it? Let’s be realistic. There will ALWAYS be a time constraint with face painting, but our painters are specifically chosen because of their ability to relate to children and adults as well as their artistic talent.
3. PROMPTNESS/RELIABILITY: Most of our painters have worked with us for 5+ years. Our new painters have been with us for 1-3 years. We instruct our painters to be thirty minutes early to each party. This ensures that they can be set up and PAINTING at your requested party time. When you hire a face painter for a party, be sure that their time is based on their painting time. Really, that is what you are paying for, and you don’t want an artist to be scrambling during the time that you have paid for face painting. Also, we find that Dallas traffic has increased exponentially over the past two years. We build time into our drive and our set-up time to mitigate these driving challenges. WE RESPECT YOUR TIME. When you are looking for an artist, make sure they have a reputation for punctuality and reliability. The last thing you want to do is to have to be looking for your painter fifteen minutes after they should have arrived.
4. SATISFACTION: We want to make sure that you are satisfied with your face painter. We do everything BEFORE the party to make sure that you are going to have a positive experience and that your little one will have more than just a face painting…but a GREAT memory!
5. PASSION: Perhaps the thing that separates one painter from another is passion. We tell parents to look for painters who have a passion for what they do. We love painters who are constantly looking at new techniques, new products, new faces and new ways of doing things. We don’t like our artists to settle into a comfortable cadence of things they have done in the past, but press forward and into the new characters, products, trends, and fun that the art has coming in the future!
We would love to help you find the best face painter for your event and for your child. Call us anytime at 214-886.4243. We look forward to talking with you!
Unicorns Are Making a Comeback!
Unicorns are magical and mystical and are making a serious comeback in the face painting world. Where I used to paint one every now and then I now paint at least 10 per event if not more, they are making a big comeback with little girls that love that enchanting animal! I prefer to create the design as a mask I think it is still as effective but much easier to get on along with a shorter time span to create. Split cakes are perfect for this design and remember to always use lots of glitter have fun with your unicorns!!!!
It’s summer, here in Dallas-Fort Worth. Our summers are HOT in this part of the country, and one question we always get from our clients is about waterproof face painting.
I’m a mom, and although my daughter is grown now, I distinctly remember the days when I wished that the face paint I just applied for the afternoon would stay on until we got home. The need for a waterproof solution makes complete sense in theory, but there are a few caveats.
The Basic Truth
Your Enchanted Face has specific airbrush face painters who use a special makeup that is marketed as sweat-proof and waterproof. However, there are a couple of caveats to keep in mind:
1. Right now, not all face painters keep waterproof face paint on hand. It doesn't have the same feel when used with sponge and brush. (To me, it's a little transparent with this method.) Even if a face artist uses an airbrush, stencils are utilized and it is another medium, entirely. It requires a different set of equipment and a different set of skills. Right now, waterproof paint is so rarely requested that very few artists utilize it. It also can bring a higher expense. The cost of the paint with the maintenance of the airbrush equipment is just more expensive and more labor intensive for the artist.
2. Waterproof paint can be removed with soap and soft sponge, but you do have to work a little harder to get it off. Your face artist can give you instructions. If you have a child that resists face wiping all-together, this is something to keep in mind.
Fun Face Paint Options and Alternatives!
The best thing to do when you are planning an outdoor party in the Texas heat…is the same thing we recommend for every party. Plan ahead, and when your event day gets here – ENJOY making memories! Here are a few creative, yet viable options to choose from:
Face Painting: We have been in this business a long time, and face painting is always the top choice when it comes to face or body art at parties. If you choose face painting for your gathering, you can set up a simple photo station RIGHT NEXT to the face painting section to SNAP those perfect pictures before the newly painted kids run amok in the heat! One mom this year had two Polaroid-style cameras set up for parents to use so that they could have an immediate picture as well as cell phone pictures. It was cute! (The backdrop can be as simple as a sheet or as fancy as a backdrop from a party store. It’s up to you! There are beautiful, economical options online.)
Glitter Tattoos: THIS IS THE BEST POOL OPTION. Even though most children prefer face painting, they still love to get glitter tattoos! Glitter tattoos are exactly what they sound like. They are tattoos for the arm or leg…or back (generally not the face) that will stay for 3-5 days! These actually do stay on in the water and are the sturdiest summer option. Not only that, but our artists have designs that will interest almost everyone at your event, so leave time for some of the adults, too!
Airbrush Tattoos: Another pool option. Definitely sweat-proof, and for the most part, are waterproof as discussed above, airbrush tattoos should not be rubbed when they are wet in the pool or the bathtub. These are a CLEAR crowd favorite. Kids and adults love getting these tattoos, and usually line up for more than one! (This is the fastest option. If you have a big crowd of fun parents and kids…this is for you!)
If you have any other questions about the kind of makeup we use or options for your party – feel free to call us! You can reach us at 214-886-4243. We truly look forward to hearing from you!
We love staying in touch with our clients and sharing our adventures! Is there a topic you would like us to cover? Send us an email!