What qualities do you look for in a face painter? Talent? Experience? Personality? Price? What is important to you? Most of the parents we speak want the best for their child’s special day. They have put together an invitation list, decor, cake choices and party favors. Parents have contacted relatives, planned games and set aside the day before their event to set up. The parents we speak to care greatly for their children and want them to have a special day!
We truly understand that parents want to get the most for their money when they hire entertainers. In Dallas, the entertainment market has grown SO much, it’s hard to tell who has the skill to back up their price. One thing we can tell you, though, is the entertainers with the lowest price aren’t always the entertainers with the training or professionalism that you are looking for. We suggest that parents look for VALUE. High talent at a reasonable (not ridiculously low or high) price with experience.
We have been painting and sending out face painters for a long time. We are very specific when we look for the talent that will be invited to join our Dallas Face Painting team. It might be helpful to you, the parent, if we tell you the criteria that we look for in our painters. If you know what the industry standards are, it will help as you choose the talent for your party!
1. TALENT/SKILL: The painters who join our team MUST be good painters. Sharon Hodges, the owner of Fun Time Entertainment, Inc. is picky. She is a world champion face painter and instructor all over the United States. She knows what to look for in quality and she does not retain painters who cannot meet her standard. Sharon insists that her Dallas Face Painters be able to paint good, quality faces with a speed that keeps the line moving. She instructs each painter to adjust lists to each event capacity and time constraint.
2. PERSONALITY: We require that all of our performers are PERSONABLE AND KIND. Have you ever attended a party in which the balloon artist or face painter was in a hurry and couldn’t manage to be nice about it? Let’s be realistic. There will ALWAYS be a time constraint with face painting, but our painters are specifically chosen because of their ability to relate to children and adults as well as their artistic talent.
3. PROMPTNESS/RELIABILITY: Most of our painters have worked with us for 5+ years. Our new painters have been with us for 1-3 years. We instruct our painters to be thirty minutes early to each party. This ensures that they can be set up and PAINTING at your requested party time. When you hire a face painter for a party, be sure that their time is based on their painting time. Really, that is what you are paying for, and you don’t want an artist to be scrambling during the time that you have paid for face painting. Also, we find that Dallas traffic has increased exponentially over the past two years. We build time into our drive and our set-up time to mitigate these driving challenges. WE RESPECT YOUR TIME. When you are looking for an artist, make sure they have a reputation for punctuality and reliability. The last thing you want to do is to have to be looking for your painter fifteen minutes after they should have arrived.
4. SATISFACTION: We want to make sure that you are satisfied with your face painter. We do everything BEFORE the party to make sure that you are going to have a positive experience and that your little one will have more than just a face painting…but a GREAT memory!
5. PASSION: Perhaps the thing that separates one painter from another is passion. We tell parents to look for painters who have a passion for what they do. We love painters who are constantly looking at new techniques, new products, new faces and new ways of doing things. We don’t like our artists to settle into a comfortable cadence of things they have done in the past, but press forward and into the new characters, products, trends, and fun that the art has coming in the future!
We would love to help you find the best face painter for your event and for your child. Call us anytime at 214-886.4243. We look forward to talking with you!